Jar Recycling Program
The #1 thing we wanted to conquer when we first created Ember Aromas Candle Co was how to create a program where both the customer, the Earth, and our little business could benefit endlessly after purchasing one of our products.
With that being said, our Recycling Program was born! We use recyclable packaging, biodegradable wax, and all-natural ingredients, in order to do our best to be as eco-friendly as possible!
All you need to do is burn your candles and we'll help you with the rest.
Who can get a Refill?
- We can offer the refill service for anyone who will drop off their empty Ember Aromas' containers and pick up the finished product.
What kind of Containers can you use?
- Any of our Ember Aromas amber glass jars or concrete containers with natural coconut-soy wax with your choice of fragrance or essential oil (please reach out to discuss pricing as oils and their prices vary).
Here's the best ways to clean your candle products!
- Before you begin, make sure your candle either has the bottom wick clips exposed or there's a 1/4 inch of wax left in the jar.
Place your candle in the freezer for a few hours or until the wax is completely frozen. Use a knife or spoon to carve out remaining wax. Use a paper towel and some warm, soapy water to wipe out any remaining wax from the jar.
Boil water and gently stir into your jar of wax. Stir until the wax has melted from the sides of the jar, then allow the water to cool. Throw out the remaining wax and drain the leftover water. Finish by washing the jar with warm, soapy water, and wipe clean with paper towel.
Best for multiple containers- carve out as much wax as possible using a spoon or knife. Heat oven to 180 degrees and place a double layer of tinfoil or parchment paper on a baking sheet. Place containers on baking sheet and insert into the oven for 15 minutes. Let containers cool for 10 minutes and then using oven mitts discard remaining wax. Rinse jars with warm, soapy water and then wipe clean with paper towel.
Why take part in this program?
- Reduce waste sent to landfills.
- Endlessly refill your candles!
- More room for new candles!
What is the Cost?
- Refill costs vary depending on the size of your container.
- Price for the Coconut-Soy Wax per oz - $1.50 per ounce.
- Fragrance oil is $1/oz + essential oils are $3/oz.
- Bring in all your containers and we will fill them up with water to confirm the oz total to pay, you than pre-pay for your refill and we will contact you when it is ready for pick up.
Local Pick Up/Drop Off
Send us an email to coordinate a time!